Friday 26 December 2014

A Note



Ok I know I said I wasn’t going to upload until 2015 but I feel the urge to just sit and talk to you.

I know this isn’t exactly your normal conversation but come on. If you really think about it some blog posts are a bit like chats. That’s one of the things I enjoy about reading other people’s blogs: it sort of feels like you are having a conversation with the person who wrote it.

Anyway on Christmas Day I had a sort of appreciation moment. For all the gifts I received. For having my family surrounding me.  But also for all the opportunities and moments I have had in my life, in particular this year.

One of the things that I’m most grateful for this year is my blog. This. Even ten months ago I never would have thought that I would be sitting here writing on my own blog. My own thing that I set up because I wanted to. I rarely ever actually tell you how much this blog has changed my life.

This blog allows me to pull myself away from the real world and write. I can go from one moment of sitting at a desk and answering maths questions to uploading something I’ve written on the internet which anyone can see.

That’s another thing I tend to forget: when I’m uploading something I just about every time forget that anyone can see it. That’s both scary and exciting. I’m not saying it’s a bad thing that I forget even though I should probably try and keep that in mind more. I just think of this thing, whatever you want to call it, as more of a journal sort of thing rather than a website or whatever.

Anyway I should probably be going. I think we are about to play some old board games: save me!

I hope you have had both an amazing year and Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment