Saturday 10 January 2015

Another 365 Days





The numbers have changed again. Every year the digits change. Some feel the change. Some don’t. Some believe it to be a new start. Some carry on as normal. How do you feel?

I know I'm very late for this type of post. In the last two weeks my bloglovin feed has been full of posts about the new year. I felt that I had already done my bit for posts in terms of a new year as I uploaded The Last Six Months  and New Year Resolutions  in the week leading up to Christmas. But as I was reading everyone's posts I just felt like writing. It may not be much but here it is.

I started this year with a few of my closest friends and I never want to forget it. Just about every year since I was born I’ve done the same thing at New Year with family friends of mine. I’m not complaining, this year was just something different. A pretty good something different.

Unfortunately some of our closest friends weren’t able to make it but thanks to technology we were able to contact them. Hopefully next year we will be able to be all together.

I could keep going on and on but I should probably stop.

2014 has brought late nights flicking through revision textbooks, weekends catching up on sleep, closer friendships and more. There’s the good and the bad. And the bad makes you really appreciate the good. I don’t know about you but I think I need both the good and the bad in my life. I may not agree with that during the bad but after the bad it’s normally pretty good.

Thank you for reading this.

4 comments:

  1. aww im glad you spent the new year in such a lovely way... happy new year, i hope its a good one. id love it if youd comment back http://www.amyelizabethfashion.com/2015/01/overcoming-anxiety.html xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year to you too! I hope this year is your best yet!

      Delete
  2. I hope you have a great new year Gemma! I love your opening line? Is it a poem? xx
    emilyjanewebb.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your comment. I didn't set out to start this post as a poem but I guess you can call it a poem if you like. I normally just sit and type whatever comes to mind. I hope you have the best year of your life yet!

      Delete