Friday 19 December 2014

6 Days To Christmas | Festival Of Lights





Every year I attend a festival of lights. I guess I could start to call it a little tradition of mine. 

Anyway a group of my friends and I got together and spent a few hours wandering the streets at this year's festival of lights. During the evening a procession of handmade lights were carried through the streets. When I was younger I was given the chance to participate but I was too shy then. 



In previous years a teacup ride has always been included on the side of the road at this particular festival of lights and for some reason I really wanted to go on it. So even though my friend and I were probably at least eight years too old to go on it, we handed over the money to the owner and squashed ourselves into a teacup. As we went around and around we got dizzier and dizzier since the owner spun our teacup round loads every time we passed. After we got down from the ride the rest of our friends claimed that we were spun loads more than the everyone else on the ride which is understandable as everyone else was probably aged under six years old. But that doesn't mean we coped very well from the dizziness.  

I don't think I've ever mentioned my love for an old tv series called Gilmore Girls well this Festival of Lights is the nearest thing I have to being similar to the town in Gilmore Girls. I just love the way the community in Gilmore Girls regularly comes together. One day I really want to hunt down a town just like the one in Gilmore Girls in America and live there forever. 


But anyway I’ll stop writing there for I know yesterday’s post was quite a long one.  Have you got any plans for the weekend tomorrow?

No comments:

Post a Comment