Thursday 18 December 2014

7 Days To Christmas | The Last Six Months



If you read a blog post of mine a few weeks ago you will know that I mentioned some plans I was making for my blog well here they are: I'm going to try and upload everyday the week running up to Christmas. So here is the first post for this little series. I really hope you enjoy!

Now it would probably make more sense to reflect on this last year but I don’t have the best memory of what I specifically did in this whole year. So six months it is.

Actually I will have started uploading on my blog five months on Christmas Day.

Anyway let’s begin…

July 

Well July was a pretty good month as all my end of year exams were well over and the weather was pretty warm for England. In fact I got to spend a night with my group of friends in a tent and for once I didn't get cold. Then towards the end of the month I visited Wales and it was just nice to not do much.

August

I started the month just as I ended it by sitting on a plane. On the 1st August I flew to France for the weekend for my Uncle’s Wedding: as per any of my family’s weddings I thoroughly enjoyed it. During August I kept quite busy seeing friends except for a few days I became really ill after eating some pancakes. (If you didn’t know I used to adore pancakes and yes I did just use the word adore. But after I ate quite a few this time, I later became really ill. I won’t cause you to have to read the details but something beginning with ‘v’ happened). Then on the last day of August my parents and I flew out to Greece.

September

I spent the first week of September on a boat in glorious hot weather but unfortunately when I came back home the next day I had to start year 10. Every week I had at least one exam every week. I’m pretty sure I can remember that two days after I got back to school I had a French test. Aw school is so good at making you want to come in everyday. 

October

This month was a bit better than September as the school work load did seem to decrease slightly and of course at the end I had half term. In the space of two weeks I had my first GCSE English Speaking and my GCSE English Controlled Assessment: The word GCSE makes everything seem so much scarier and more important but then again they actually are more important than a standard vocabulary test.

Wait how could I forget? October was the month that I had no internet for who knows how long. I know I have said in the past having no internet can be a good thing but my school has just about all of my homework online so when I have no internet life becomes a bit tricky as you can guess.

Anyway half term was pretty exciting, including spending Halloween with my group of friends. In the past I haven’t really done much for Halloween as it’s not my favourite time of the year but this year I actually left my house.

November

Well November was the month of my birthday so it was a pretty good month even though at the end I had to sit my first Latin GCSE mock. This particular birthday was probably my best yet as I got to spend it with all my friends as well as seeing a lot of my family on the same day.

December

And lastly December. Very soon over. Unfortunately one thing that winter always seems to bring is being ill. I thought I was lucky enough to get away from being ill. But last Saturday night it hit me and I had to stay in bed until today in fact. However I am incredibly happy that I didn’t get ill during my Christmas holidays as I only get two weeks. But before I got ill a few exciting things happened: I attended the Festival of Lights, I got to spend a good friend of mine’s birthday with her and I have few ideas of what to do in my Christmas holidays.


Well if you’ve got this far and read everything I’ve written then you deserve an award. I’m sorry that it was a long one. Tomorrow should be a lot shorter.

No comments:

Post a Comment