Saturday 2 May 2015

Growing Up


I'm still unsure if this photo works, if you have any thoughts can you please let me know in the comments below

I suddenly thought I’m going to be sixteen this year. I don’t feel any older than I did when I was fourteen. When I’m living day to day I don’t feel like I’ve grown up at all but when I just stop and think, I notice.

I’m no longer the shy, little girl who used to hide behind her mum’s legs. For one I’m too tall now to hide behind my mum’s legs but if I think about it so much has changed.

I once was dressed by mum. I couldn’t tie my own hair up myself. I once couldn’t feed myself… that was a long time ago. Sometimes my family reminisce over my childhood memories and ask me if I remember them. Unfortunately I can only remember a few. We are all constantly growing up even our parents.

To me growing up includes learning about new things. Many things we know now, we wouldn’t have known if our curiosity hadn’t encouraged us to investigate things. I hope that one day I can discover more things. Things I could never have found if I didn’t follow my dreams.

We all have our own paths. But we don’t each have one path. We come to many cross sections in life where we have to make decisions. Sometimes we make those decisions unconsciously.

Our lives are unwritten stories. Tomorrow is another page.

2 comments:

  1. LOVE LOVE LOVE GEM X This photo works amazing and I love how you write! You honestly inspire me so so much! Your word choice and phrases are just great! Xo

    Love Simmy xxx

    www.simmyhoonjan.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know what to say! Your too kind. Thank you so much Simmy!

      Delete