Saturday 16 May 2015

Waking Up On The Wrong Side Of The Bed


I stumbled across this post, which I wrote one or two months back, in my drafts and thought why not just post it. This may be an odd one or possibly helpful. Hopefully the later.

I can’t remember why or when I made the decision. But one day I woke up and decided to believe whenever someone says a mean thing or does something that is thought of as mean is due to the fact that they had a bad night sleep or woke up on the wrong side of the bed. I don’t necessarily mean this literally. But it reminds me that everyone has a reason for doing or saying something. A lot of times I don’t know what’s going on in their life away from where I see them or what they’ve been through in life.

Of course there are some scenarios where what someone does is not acceptable because of the scale and cruelty of it. But I believe that no one was born ‘mean’. The reason for what has happened isn’t always a reason to support what they’ve done but it explains why they’ve done it. I don’t believe anyone just automatically wakes up in the morning and decides to be 'mean'.
There may be situations which I haven’t thought of where what I believe is not correct or appropriate. But at the moment it enables me to see the world in a lot brighter light.  Maybe you could give it a go.

No comments:

Post a Comment