Thursday 14 July 2016

Exams Over For The Summer




Seven of my weeks were filled with exams. At the end of June I was embraced by freedom and could seize days to fulfil my dreams and desires. I wanted to write again but I was lost as to where to start; I feared I had lost my voice and didn't want to type without it. Thus I waited but I've realised that I need to simply write again and hope I will fall into my old writing ways. 

Other than exams, the end of June provided me with days to escape my town and venture to the sea as well as be in the presence of my friends without the pressure of revising hanging over us. In light of our exams finally being over, we burnt pages that had surrounded us for weeks and coated our bedroom floors. 

The first of July brought a night full of dancing, singing, laughing and cherishing moments with all the people who were friends of mine from my secondary school. It was the night of our year 11 prom. I ended the day and started the next with some of my closest friends. We danced and talked for hours as well as ate pizza at 4am. 

The very next day I boarded a plane alongside my family to Italy, which I discovered can be a very hot place. I returned to England a few days ago and so hopefully I shall post about our trip soon. 

Thank you for reading this and I hope you have a great weekend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment