Sunday 31 July 2016

Career Thoughts

For the last few years I knew what career I wanted to achieve and I’ve always understood that could change. However it embarrassingly scared me when that happened at first. Looking back now I can’t fathom why it did but I presume it’s partly due to us individuals being comfortable with what we are used to: I’ve been used to having that career in my sights for so long, I’ve gradually become comfortable and at ease with the prospects of it and the possible challenges I would have to face to reach it.

However I now recognise this has opened me up to considering other careers which before now I had always brushed under the carpet. I feel enlightened by the freedom from barriers that I built myself unknowingly. I want to do more. More than what I believe I can achieve.

I often foolishly forget that there are more careers out there than I know of and I don’t have to be stapled down to one career for the rest of my life. I’m gradually becoming more familiar with the idea that I don’t need to have a plan and I’m recognising how this could provide me with more happiness.

So I currently have no plan for the future surrounding the world of work and it feels good. I hope you had a good weekend!

2 comments:

  1. I'm always so jealous of people who have a clear insight into what they want to do in the future-I guess there's plenty of time.
    I hope you find your way
    katie-louu.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete