Saturday 30 January 2016

An Interaction




Snow crystals chime against each other as the wind carries a dusting of snow across the streets. Footprints lie across the sheets of snow. Children’s laughs come from nearby. His eyes search for mine but I deliberately stare out towards the station of sea. I can feel the redness scattering across my cheeks.
“I’m so sorry,” the boy stutters. “I wasn’t looking where I was going.”
I try to steady my voice as I can feel itching in my throat, which I receive when I’m nervous. “It’s fine” I cough out as I strengthen my legs and bring them out from under me to stand up. His hand rests in the air above my head, waiting for me to take. A cloud seethes from my mouth and hangs in the air as I pause. I hesitantly take his and lift my body up from the darkened grass by my weight.
“I’m so sorry” he laughs.
“It’s honestly fine. No broken bones,” I mutter while brushing off any dust on my legs. “Well, see you.” He bows his head and moves in the other direction to my still statue.   
 
Honestly I'm not exactly sure what this is about. I began writing with just two strangers in mind interacting but then I wasn't sure where to take it. Anyway I hope you have had a good week and next week is even better.

No comments:

Post a Comment