Saturday 28 February 2015

The Past, The Present And The Future




When we are children we have less responsibilities and more freedom. Everyone is guiding us through life. As we grow up we begin to gain independence and one day we will be entering the world by ourselves. I find the thought of that both exciting and scary.

Sometimes I just want to start living my future. But then I remember how important it is to be living now. I may be surrounded by exams and  school work but I'm experiencing so many other things. Things that sometimes only come round once or twice in my life. What I experience today contributes to who I am and helps me learn to live.

The past, the present and the future hold my whole life. I shouldn't be wishing to just live part of my life. You wouldn't start reading a book half way through because you wouldn't know the things you need to know to understand the rest of the book. So why do we sometimes catch ourselves wishing for the future?

I guess I sometimes wish for the future because it's completely unknown to me, which is exciting for me. It may be scary but it is exciting. The future may hold the reality of my dreams.

Every moment we move closer to the future, there's no rush; It will come in time. Even though I know this why do I still wish for the far future to come?

Without the future we may be prevented from driving for our dreams and the unknown. The future would not be my future it would become my present. But if I skipped the current present, it would no longer be my past as I would no longer have memories and experiences to look back on. A large part of my life would have been torn out.

We need the present to write our own stories. What we do now influences our future. The decisions we make can create the futures we desire.

The past, the present and the future make up our story.

No comments:

Post a Comment