Saturday 14 February 2015

A Day For Love

When I first started my blog I didn't want to tell anyone I knew that I had one or what it was called as I didn't want it to influence the way I wrote. That may seem silly now but I was afraid it would prevent me from finding my own 'voice'.


Over time though I have become more comfortable and wanted to share something that made me really happy with my close friends. A few months after I started my blog I told two of my close friends about it. Neither of them thought it was odd and to be honest I wasn't expecting them to judge me as I trusted them. However I didn't tell them what it was called as I still had the fear it would affect the way I wrote.

Time passed and the day my best friend found out the name of my blog happened. I wrote about the day it happened here, A Mistake. I will never regret that day happening, I'm glad it did. She gave me so much support and I think it gave me a little push of encouragement towards telling more people. Once this happened it seemed so silly to have thought that knowing someone, who I knew was reading my posts, would influence the way I wrote. Her support and kind words gave me more confidence in myself and my writing.
Following that day, I began to share that I had this blog with the rest of my friendship group. Then over the last few months some have asked if they could read it so I've given them a link to this and sometimes on impulse I've just asked others if they want to read it which has left me sending them a link too. I think another reason why I started to tell others was actually just out of curiosity. I wanted to know what other people thought of my writing.

I've been so lucky. All of them have been so kind and supportive. This seemed to be an appropriate day to upload this as Valentine's Day to me is about showing how much the people you love mean to you. It's not only a day to just focus on your partner. I believe it's a special day to illustrate what the people you love mean to you. Saying this though I don't think we should only demonstrate our feelings on this day but I do think this is a day when we can spend time and remind our loved ones what they mean to us. Happy Valentines Day! 

1 comment:

  1. aww this is such a lovely post! id love it if youd comment back http://www.amyelizabethfashion.com/2015/02/seven-little-tips-for-healthier-body.html xx

    ReplyDelete