Saturday 21 February 2015

A Book Review: I Was Here By Gayle Forman


I’m not really someone who sticks to specific authors. But I always keep an eye out for books by Gayle Forman. I was pulled into WHSmith a week or two ago by a friend of mine and I saw a book by Gayle Forman so I immediately went over and read the summary. I found it quite intriguing but I decided to leave it on the bookcase.

However as you can guess I did end up buying it later on. It was quite a short one and a lot sadder than I expected. But don’t let that put you off it. I learnt a lot from the book.

As I started the book I thought I knew what to expect but as I turned page after page I discovered things I never would have anticipated.

As I learnt more about the book, the main character, Cody, learns more too about a life she thought she knew but didn’t really. It made me identify that life is so valuable and dare I say it, you only live once. But it also illustrated how once we die we carry on living among our friends and family.

I would recommend it if you want a short read but a book full of emotion.

2 comments: