Friday 22 August 2014

My Relationship With My Bed

At the beginning of this week and out of nowhere I was sick for around three days. From past experience I was expecting to wake up and feel like my normal self after day one but I didn’t. However finally I felt better and was able to leave my bed without feeling dizzy or having the need to rush to the nearest toilet. But it made me consider that this would be a good time to write this post, which I’ve been wanting to write for a few weeks now, after my long hours staying in bed.

Although I’m really not sure how to tackle this or where to go with this just like so many of my other posts.


My bed is my little home. I probably spend 90% of my time on my bed when I’m home. I’m either on or under my duvet. I may have a desk but that doesn’t mean anything to me apparently since I spend all my time on my bed. I remember hearing about how you shouldn’t do work in a place which makes you tired etc. I have tried this but I always end up on my bed. Ironically I’m not writing this on my bed, I am in fact at a desk typing this. However I usually write my posts when I’m in bed at late hours when I have a spur of the moment writing energy.

Anyway….

My bed has been around longer than me by the way. That may interest you, may not. Now this might be a bit of unsettling news to you but when I was a toddler I slept in my bed that I now sleep in. The unsettling part may be that it is a double bed. Maybe I’m just overreacting but as far as I’m aware it’s quite uncommon for a toddler to have their own double bed. But don’t worry I haven’t lacked the experience of having a single bed. After I was a toddler we had construction done to our house and I ended up with having to use a single bed and up to three years ago I still did.

I don’t think I can go back though to using a single bed on a regular basis. My double bed is just so comfy and big.


No comments:

Post a Comment