Friday 1 August 2014

A Trip To Wales: A Little Getaway

I’m not sure how to handle this post. Do I describe parts of the journey? Or do I just ramble on and on? Or do I focus on an aspect of my little holiday? Well I guess we will see…




Wales. A place where I have memories of walking along the beach, dipping my toes into water that has caused my body to shiver, and walks up hills which have left me wanting to never hike again. Let’s just say I haven’t been a fan of walks in the countryside with my parents beckoning me on. Once one of my parents has mentioned the word ‘walk’ I crawl under my bed and hope to never been found. In the past, I have just never been interested in the idea of walking for miles with only my parents. I’m an only child by the way.
Recently, however, walking has offered me chances to witness incredible views. I was, just like so many others, someone who laughed at the idea of going on a walk to get a view. But now I love the idea of being able to see a view. There seems to be something more special about a view if you have to put effort in first to get to see it. Maybe next week, my opinion will change about walking but right now I’m up for it. Anyone want to go for a walk?
Anyway, feel like I’ve gone a bit off track. Back to my little holiday in Wales... 

I’m not even sure why I have written over a paragraph on walking when I didn’t even go on a proper ‘walk’ in Wales this time. It was too hot. Never mind.
I spent four days in the middle of nowhere. I tried to restrain myself from looking and then using the wifi password and I think I managed about a day, which I find astonishing considering that I’m always using the internet. I really need to take a step back from the internet though. (I don’t seem to be doing very well at that since I’m using the internet to upload this post, oh well).
I feel that it’s important to get space from the internet once in a while and get away from your everyday life.  




During my trip to Wales, I spent most of my time reading, taking photos, and sleeping. The most active thing I did was visit the beach, which included the walk from the car to the beach and then to the edge of the water. From past experience, I was aware of how cold the water is and yet again, the water was unbearable. My aunt somehow managed to get into the water and swim out for a good two metres. Just thinking about her being in the water, gives me the shivers.

Even though I didn’t do anything really productive, I enjoyed being lazy. Everyone needs time to do nothing and take a step back from life.





No comments:

Post a Comment