Saturday 25 July 2015

It's Been One Year


Exactly a year ago today I uploaded my first blog post. It doesn’t feel like it’s been so long in between. I can remember the exact position and moment I uploaded it. My legs were folded underneath me as I was wrapped up in a woolly blanket. I would type a few words then a maze would form on my forehead between my eyebrows and I would press the backspace. I wanted it to be the best it could be, my best. Finally I identified that the chances of me looking back at it and cringing were very high and that was inevitable. So I agreed with myself that it may have not been my best, but my best is changing constantly: up and down.

After I wrote the paragraph above I read my first blog post Let's See Where This Goes and coincidently I talk about what I wrote above, I guess I haven’t changed as much as I thought I had.
A year. It doesn’t feel like it’s been twelve whole months since I uploaded my first post. Having this space, this place where I can write my thoughts or document memories has really brightened my life. I’m so grateful for this. Recently I've been wanting to try different things, different ways to write on different things. I can't pick a favourite blog post, many hold different memories that I want to hold onto. If you have a favourite out of all my blog posts please let me know in the comments below because it would be really interesting to know which ones you like the most.

If you've been reading my blog since the start, or any time in between, or have only just read this today, thank you. Thank you for taking the time to read words that I have written.

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on a year of blogging, it's a pretty good achievement! I am just approaching mine and it's so exciting, can't believe I've stuck with it this long!

    Bethan Likes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on a year!x
    http://libbyjade26.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete