Friday 3 October 2014

Say Goodbye To Summer


Another school term begins. And summer is lost. Winter is on the horizon. 
My brain had been asleep for six weeks and I was thrown into a geography class. As my foot stepped into the classroom, I said goodbye to a summer life I once had.

Every year I find myself at the beginning of summer reminding myself that this summer will go fast and I need to use up the time well. But in the end it makes no difference. This year I learnt that however hard I try, summer will be gone before I can blink.

It still came to the evening before I went back to school with me regretting not revising. But to be honest, I don’t think I could have really stopped that because it’s the fate of my summers.

It still hasn’t completely hit me that this year I sit some GCSE exams. Whenever I’m reminded that I’m taking my Latin GCSE, all I can think is ‘I’m not ready’. It’s crazy to think I’ve only got four more years left of school if I go to sixth form that is. I’m not saying I won’t because I hugely doubt that but I always like to not make a too big promise or assumption.

I feel like I need to physically grow a bit more before I can get all serious with my life. I still feel like a child.

No comments:

Post a Comment