Wednesday 24 August 2016

Procrastination

 

A best friend and an enemy
It makes me happy in the moment but it leaves waving effects;
It doesn’t know when to stop.
It consumes me until the trance is broken: I push it away but it comes crawling back.
During the moment it shines bright but then it ruins me.
It somehow casts a shadow over me: Only someone or something big can save me.
As it engulfs me I lose sight of reality. It’s just me and it.
I think it’s time it stopped.

I wrote this in my notes on my phone during the exam period and even though it's quite messy and odd I thought it would be appropriate to post it the day before I receive my GCSE results. I felt the need to write about procrastination but wasn't sure how so I just kept on writing, trying to describe what it does to me.

So good luck to anyone receiving GCSE results tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment