Thursday 11 August 2016

Losing My Imagination

There have been occasions when I’ve recognised I no longer share the same imagination I possessed when I was younger or even a year ago. I fear I could lose all my imagination forever, meaning all the creativity I own will evaporate. The prospect of this scares me as I feel I need creativity to write. And without an imagination life would be boring to me.

I don’t know what has caused me to write about this but it’s a fear of mine. Perhaps my lack of reading recently has punctured a hole in my imagination.

Sometimes it seems presenting creativity is easier done through the media of drawing rather than through words. But maybe it depends on what mood one is in. If you have any thoughts on this please let me know, I’m interested to know what you think.

So I shall stop there and wish you a good weekend.

2 comments:

  1. I've had a similar train of thought, but not it completely evaporating, rather that I was much more imaginative as a child/up to puberty, actually. so the time when everybody wants to fit in, I lost myself a bit and with it my imagination. I try channelling my 'inner child' more often now and just let it flow, without restrictions. I did keep diaries and stories from that time to take me back, which helps. I hope you have a lovely weekend too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I had kept a diary but I could never keep it up. Thank you!

      Delete