Saturday 7 November 2015

A Letter To My Seventeen Year-Old Self

Dear seventeen year-old me,

I hope you have taken every opportunity to see the world even if it's just a trip down the road. And please tell me you are keeping up with trying new foods even if they smell terrible and remind you of primary school meals. Just maybe you have finally gone swimming in the English sea. When I say swimming, I mean shoulders under water. If you still haven't when you next read this, go and do it.

Also I hope you haven't lost your love for fairy-lights. I seriously believe the world would be a prettier place if it was covered in them.

I hope you haven't lost your excitement. That feeling that makes you smile and bounce. Never lose that. And don't let one person stop you from asking anyone if they are okay.

In addition I hope you still have an extensive list of things you want to do. As well as have completed a number of them and are constantly adding to the list. I hope you still want to drive across Canada, visit a proper American diner and add a letter to Juliet's wall in Italy. But most importantly seize every opportunity to make people happy.

Love, your sixteen year-old self

PS: Honestly I haven't looked back at my post that I wrote about a  year ago, A Letter To My Sixteen Year Old Self . The way I wrote then and who I was has changed so significantly. I'm not sure how to word this but I feel unconsciously the way I write here is so much more comfortable and open than it was before.

PPSS: Sorry for using the word 'hope' far too much in this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment