Saturday 21 November 2015

A Child Or An Adult


Sixteen always sounded so grown up when I was younger. And now I’m here, I do actually feel different. However I don’t feel grown up or young. I feel in between. I’ve lost the desire to play with dolls and have tea parties with my teddy bears. I no longer need my mum’s help to tie my hair up or dress me.
I now have my own key to our house, am able to walk around by myself and am presented with the decision to make my mind up for what I want to do. But do adults ever actually have that one thing they want to do forever. Don’t they still own that desire to experience new things and find new parts to life just like when a child wanders off from their parent in the park and comes across the swings.
For years I’ve wanted to become things, different things. Does that even go away?
Part of me wants to remain growing and changing throughout my life. Alternatively though the idea of wanting to do the same thing forever is attractive. But is that reality? Don't people find themselves changing what they want to do in life as they change themselves due to experiences and where they've gotten in life.
If you any views and thoughts on the topic of the future and career choices etc please comment below. I'm really interested in what you have to say.

2 comments:

  1. at 26, all I can tell you is: keep that spark that you want to grow and learn. I always feel like I've "stopped" at being 19 and remained that way. it's all about allowing yourself to make mistakes & try new things.

    your education doesn't really define your way in life, it's just important that you finish something, to have a base. for example, I've never gone to uni, but the experience I gathered in those years helped me get a really fun job!

    have a great start to the week :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your words. I really appreciate it. I hope you have a good week!

      Delete