Friday 14 November 2014

A Letter To My Sixteen Year-Old Self

Dear my sixteen year-old self,

A week ago I turned fifteen and that doesn’t sound old even though a few months ago it felt like a ‘big’ age. Now the number ‘sixteen’ sounds big and old. I’m guessing that by the time I’m nearing my sixteenth birthday I will be waiting to turn seventeen but maybe I’ll surprise myself. 
 
Now as a result of you reading this I’m assuming you are still blogging and if not pack your bags and leave. 
 
I began year 10 and realised that I had been wasting three years of my life revising and working hard when it wasn’t that important. I’m not saying it wasn’t important but year 10… oh wow. The start of GCSEs… 
 
And I can’t even imagine how scary year 11 will be. I’m just hoping that you’ve stuck to working hard and haven’t put everything off over the summer holidays. I know you well.

As I’m writing this I’m stabbing myself in the back for not having a plan or an idea on how I was going to write this but anyway.

Year 9 was an amazing year just like years 7 and 8. You had a bump but it’s over now. I feel stronger now for it happening. You’ve learnt to see the positives in things and go with the flow.

Strangely I haven’t felt stressed with school work for months. That is a good thing, don’t worry. Just surprising and unexpected. Have no idea how that happened so unfortunately I can’t help out if you are feeling stressed with school when you’re reading this. I think one day I just decided that there was no point in getting stressed. Being stressed only prevented you from getting work done which was what you were firstly stressed about.  

Now here’s a list that hopefully you are achieving or have achieved by the time you come to read this:
  • smile as much as possible
  • always see the positives in things
  • make new friends
  • write more
  • stay in touch with all your friends
  • try more foods
  • help out when you can
  • don’t just concentrate on school, spend time doing other things

Love from, your just fifteen year-old self

2 comments:

  1. Omg you feel that about years 7,8,9 too?!
    I started year 10 and was like "okayy these past 3 years have literally meant nothing and those pieces of homework I got stressed about-yup they didnt matter" haha
    I am in year 11 now and its stressful but if you pace yourself and keep to schedule, seriously its nothing to worry about!
    I concentrate way too much on school and am trying so hard to take my interest somewhere else but its hard when it means so much!
    katie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry I just saw this comment. Thank you for the advice! I'm really trying to stay organised and on top of things. Hope year 11 goes very well for you!

    ReplyDelete