Friday 19 September 2014

A Trip To Greece: A Boat









 
Our family isn’t known for going on holidays which only consist of sun, sleep and swimming pools. But to be honest, I don’t mind. Seven days of doing the same thing every day and that thing not being that active, doesn’t really suit me. I do love to not do much just like so many others but the idea of doing that for seven days… well from past experience maybe not. Not right now.
 
Anyway the week before I went back to school we flew out to somewhere in Greece. Before we went on holiday, I had no clue where exactly in Greece we were going and I still don’t after being there. 
However I have learnt that digestive biscuits from the UK are a lot better than the ones you can get in local Greece stores. You never know when that bit of information could be found useful. Although I must admit that I still know absolutely no Greek and probably never will.

For the second time in my life, I stepped onto a yacht. I’m used to sailing small little dinghy’s which you can take one step and reach the other side in but a yacht well that is a completely different story. Our yacht was one of the small ones though among our flotilla since we booked one of the smallest as a result of there only being three of us. It came with its own mini oven, fridge and sink in the cabin. Unfortunately it came with no wifi.

However I was able to access some in the evenings when we moored up and had dinner in the Greek restaurants so I wasn’t completely unaware of what was going on in the world. Thank God.


Every night when we moored up in a new harbour, I grabbed my camera and dragged my Dad onto to shore. Every place was as beautiful as the other.

One day though a storm hit the area where we were so we were stuck in the same harbour for two nights whilst water and wind just kept coming and coming. But during the second day, we had a few random hours of sunshine where I was able to walk around the harbour and take a few photos. (I did get wet once though).
 
Even though it did rain just about everyday, which is unheard of for Greece during September, it did stay warm and didn’t stop me from getting a tan.
 
Now I seem to have a problem with stopping myself from taking photos even though strangely enough I find it really difficult to take photos in front of strangers. I am trying to overcome it but there are times where I will hide my camera behind me. Anyway I kept trying to narrow down the amount of photos. And after clicking delete for what seemed like hours I thought why don’t I just upload the photos from each day individually. So keep an eye out for those in the next few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment